Introducing my happy little friend Tavistock Tortoise. I use my tortoise as a pincushion! Tavistock is approximately 8 cm tall and 13 cm long. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work a kfb increase and k2tog decrease, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the tortoise plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Two black beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.